The success of the Marshall University Office of Admissions Alumni Outreach Ambassador program depends on a network of volunteers serving in a variety of roles. This program has been established to assist the Marshall University Office of Admissions in fulfilling its mission to support the recruitment and enrollment goals of Marshall University.
Marshall University Alumni Outreach Ambassadors commit to work together in the best interests of the Office of Admissions and the University, and not for personal, political, third-party or financial gain.
If you would like more information, please the Marshall Office of Admissions. We look forward to your application!
- Required: is not a private educational consultant or agent for current and/or prospective applicants.
- Required: is a graduate of Marshall University
- Effective communicator
- Enthusiasm for supporting Marshall University
- Agreement to all terms and conditions associated with the Marshall University Office of Admissions Alumni Outreach Ambassador (MUAOA) program.
- Understand expectations of an Alumni Outreach Ambassador, Marshall University and Marshall University Office of Admissions and Office of Alumni Relations
- Be knowledgeable about the Marshall University experience, undergraduate admissions and our admissions cycle
- Provide timely feedback to the Office of Admissions and Office of Alumni Relations on the volunteer experience and needs
- Actively participate in volunteer opportunities
- Complete required training
- Complete volunteer wrap-up items including promptly returning any items belonging either to the Marshall University Office of Admissions or Office of Alumni Relations
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner as a representative of Marshall University
- Abide by NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice, in particular:
- accurately represent and promote Marshall University
- refrain from disparaging comparisons of other secondary or post-secondary institutions
- do not accept or offer reward or remuneration from secondary school, college, university, agency, or organization for placement or recruitment of students in the United States
- Renew commitment annually
- Time Commitment: Ambassadors are expected to commit approximately 10 hours of service per semester, excluding: trainings, commute times, and communications. There may be an increase in expected hours during the fall and spring as recruitment efforts increase.
1 John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25703