Welcome to the 75 Family Alumni Chapter page!
The purpose of this chapter is to honor and preserve the memory of the 75 individuals who were tragically lost on the November 14, 1970 plane crash in Huntington.
The mission of this chapter shall be:
- Provide a network for communication between Marshall University and all members of the 75 family.
- Provide an avenue for all members of the 75 family to be involved in activities surrounding the annual Memorial Fountain Ceremony, Memorial Game, Spring Fountain Ceremony and any other activities related to the memory and legacy of the Marshall 75.
- Be a source of information to keep the family appraised of all upcoming activities and events related to honoring and recognizing the Marshall 75.
- To develop a legacy scholarship fund for the descendants and family members of the Marshall 75.
- To recognize and honor the 1970 team and the 1971 Young Thundering Herd.
GENERAL CHAPTER INFORMATION
WHAT IS AN ALUMNI CHAPTER?
An alumni chapter is a group, under the guidance and direction of Marshall University, that provides engagement opportunities for alumni in a specific area or through a particular area of interest.
WHY FORM AN ALUMNI CHAPTER?
Each chapter has its own unique character, but they all serve to connect alumni to Marshall. Individual chapters host university speakers, sponsor game watching parties for MU sporting events, cultivate relationships with prospective local students, fundraise for scholarships and other projects and provide opportunities for fellowship and fun for their members.
There are four shared principles for alumni chapters:
- Student Recruitment & Enrollment
- Professional Mentoring & Networking
- Fundraising & Scholarships
- University Support & Fellowship